The lawyers at Reynolds O'Brien have extensive experience in a wide range of practice areas. The following is an overview.
Advancing or defending appeals from lower courts and administrative tribunals to the Divisional Court, the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Business & Corporate
- Purchases and sales of a business
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- Secured transactions
Children's Aid Society Matters
Representing parents, grandparents and other family members in dealings with the Children's Aid Society.
Suing and defending claims for damages for:
- Property disputes
- Disputes about wills and estates
- Corporate and commercial disputes
- Claims for damages, injunctive relief, restraining orders
- Slips and falls on private property, roads, sidewalks
- Defective products
- Professional malpractice, including lawsuits against doctors, lawyers, engineers, dentists
- Breach of contract including obtaining injunctive relief
Defending against charges brought under the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Over 80
- Domestic assault
- Drug possession and trafficking
- Provincial Offences Court
- Wrongful or constructive dismissal
- Employment contracts
- Labour relations board hearings
- Grievance arbitrations
- Unfair representation complaints
- Breaches of confidence
- Separations agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Marriage contracts
- Collaborative law
Advancing or defending claims relating to breaches of The Human Rights Code.
James F. O'Brien has received certificates in mediation and is available to mediate disputes in business, corporate, estate, real estate and mortgage matters.
- Buying or selling residential, commercial or industrial property
- Mortgaging residential, commercial or industrial property
- Transferring property within the family
- Transferring property in accordance with a Separation Agreement or Court Order
- Powers of Sale
- Agreements of purchase and sale
Small Claims Court
Advancing and defending claims brought in this court. The court now deals with claims up to $35,000.00. Our licensed paralegal, L. Janet VanVolkenburg, is available to represent you in this court.
Wills & Estates
- Wills and codicils
- Trustee and estate plans
- Power of attorney for property
- Power of attorney for personal care/living will
- Certificate of appointment of Estate Trustee - formerly Probate